What We Offer
Providing Individual, Personalized Advising Using Our Exclusive 5-I Model of Academic Advising
I use proven methods which allow me to comprehensively support students by developing trusting, productive relationships. I approach advising using the “5 I” model of support:
Information: I will help you find or directly provide you the information you need to successfully navigate college.
Instruction: I will teach you how to find your way through college, how to make informed decisions, and explain complex policies and procedures.
Investigation: I will help you research problems and challenges you encounter throughout your college experience and find the solutions you need.
Interpersonal: I will listen to you and learn about your interests, goals, concerns. I will advocate for you when interacting with your institution.
Integration: I will help you tie it all together and plan for the future! By anticipating your needs, I can make recommendations for next steps.
Not sure what you need? Sign up for a free initial consultation (30 minutes)
Services provided via web meeting, phone, email, and in-person (Jacksonville, Florida area)
STARTER$150 / hour
- Pay-as-you-go on an hourly basis
- Overview of college resources and orientation to college
- Help finding answers and solving problems
- Provide answers to your questions
- Strategies and tips for navigating college, locating, and using resources
PROACTIVE ADVISING$200 / month
- Discuss academic and career goals and identify viable options
- Research and explain academic program requirements
- Review program requirements and progress and develop academic plan
- Provide list of questions and issues for student to discuss with universitv personnel
- Serve as neutral source for conflicts between student and university personnel
PROACTIVE PLUS$250 / month
- Communicate directly with college personnel on the student's behalf
- Accompany student (virtually, as needed) to advising and other institutional meetings
- Proactively research and provide specific information about university, college, school, and program policies and procedures
- Proactively review student record and identify successes and areas of concern
- Communicate to-do items and important deadlines based on academic calendar
- Review and interpret emails and notifications from university personnel and recommend appropriate actions
- Access to webinars and group sessions